Sustainable agriculture has its roots in integrated fight to the main diseases, insects and pests that attack the vine.
Sustainable actions usually taken in the vineyards:
- Implementation of preventive measures which aim to protect the plant, followed by strict control measures.
- Maintaining the integrity of the land.
- Fight against harmful insects through sexual confusion.
- Pruning and management of the leaf covering to reach the right balance between the development of the plant and its yield, a better penetration of light and treatments, an effective ventilation of the grapes.
- Woods around the vineyards, an important green area for biodiversity protection.
- Irrigation carried out only where necessary and followed by constant monitoring of the soil's moisture content, with the recovery of rainwater collected in an underground tank.
Other sustainable measures:
- Electricity produced with photovoltaics.